Text based communication is now the preferred form of contact between customer and brand. In an omni-channel world of choice, many versions co-exist. Chat, social, SMS, instant messaging and of course email. Adoption is driven by a mix of personal preference, situation and the particular outcome each customer is seeking.
One thing is common. The impact of that communication needs to hit home. Each one matters. What digital footprint is being left as a memory to pass onto others?
In this hyper competitive economy, where some customers will leave after just a single, poor service experience, it’s core that customer contact teams are instinctively tuned into the emotional signature of every individual interaction.
Secondly that they are able to vividly imagine the customer situation and their outcome priorities. Without this calibration, how can they craft responses that fit the customer’s mood and expectation?
This requires a special level of focussed empathy.
Customer engagement teams often work in distracting environments with high productivity expectations. So they cope using a variety of shortcuts to maintain pace. The most common being to respond to types of enquiries instead of unique, individual needs.
The first defaults to cut ‘n paste, this sounds like every other one answers. The second needs conscious connection with the emotion, situation and outcome of each enquiry. In this option, the goal is to become each customer’s experience.
This kind of authentic, ‘on brand’, communication takes practice and stamina. Relevant communication that connects makes customers feel differently about your brand. This is the emerging mission of CX orientated customer service.
But you need to invest in a new level of communication skills to get there. And then set up an ongoing routine of practice to embed the CX contact skills as second nature.
This high intensity one day workshop is custom designed for digital contact communicators. It teaches them how to rapidly understand the total customer experience and respond in ways that draws customers closer to your brand.
Reasons To Attend
- I need to turn my contact centre into an experience centre
- I want higher customer sat, NPS and tangible advocacy
- I want to maximise the human touch points in digital journeys
- I need to challenge and refresh my existing team’s capability
- I want market recognition we are a leading digital brand
- Latest research on UK digital customer contact behaviour
- Understanding the dynamics of CX customer service
- How to manage your brand’s digital footprint
- How to connect more deeply with the customer’s experience
- How to use the SEO method (Situation, Experience, Outcome)
- Team based exercises using SEO analysis and communication design
- Making it an everyday habit
- A mix of presentations, group debate and team based exercises
- All training material available in original format for reference and internal educational use
- Optional mentoring after the training to set up in house coaching capability
Who Should Attend
This highly practical course is suitable for customer engagement teams who use text based contact with customers. This includes chat, email, SMS, social and instant messaging. Customer relation teams resolving complaints via a letter format would also benefit from this methodology.
An interview with Martin on the type of advisor and skills we need at this level of customer engagement.